Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Lilies: "They tasted of hope and life."

An Excerpt From The Novel "Irish Twins" For You on this Easter Sunday.

“I took my mother’s outstretched hand and we moved through the wall of windows and across the expanse of lawn toward the long, narrow pier reaching out to the waters of Mitten Lake. Behind us, my father and my sister stood on the deck and waved. We passed the plot of rich soil where I first saw my father toiling with a small spade in his hand, digging holes and planting bulbs. As we drifted by, one-by-one, white, trumpet-shaped lilies shot up. Their sweet fragrance permeated the air.

I filled myself with their beauty. They tasted of hope and of life. “Michael brought me lilies just like those every Easter Sunday.”

Irish Twins, Chapter 20, page 235

He is Risen. He is Risen indeed. 
Happy Easter to all.