Monday, March 29, 2010

The Phenomenon that IS Facebook

Facebook Fairytales: Modern-Day Miracles to Inspire the Human SpiritFacebook Fairytales: Modern-Day Miracles to Inspire the Human Spirit by Emily Liebert

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Emily Liebert had a brilliant concept for a book, and Facebook Fairytales doesn't disappoint. As a fan of this phenomenal social networking website and because I have personal experience with both finding long-lost friends and also being found, I was eager to read her collection of "Modern Day Miracles to Inspire the Human Spirit."

From the first page, I couldn't put it down. It's well-researched, well-written, relatable and highly entertaining. The reader is guaranteed to meet individuals he or she will immediately want to "friend."

Liebert's collection includes some stories that might border on "miraculous," however, I felt they were actually more mundane--and more relatable to all of us who use the site. The stories do, however, range from the poignant tales of a son finding his biological father and a woman finding a kidney donor, to something as simple as one person finding a lost, six-toed cat named "Bob."

Reading the book definitely inspired me to use the site (even more) to locate other long-lost friends and acquaintances from my past. I should note I initially joined just to keep an eye on my kids . . . and yet, I've become hooked.

Very well done. A great read and I highly recommend this book. View all my reviews >>


1 comment:

Ann Elle Altman said...

What an awesome concept for a book. Thanks for informing us about it. With all the wealth of info on that site, there could be volumes.

ann